(A) Title and term. Ohio Lottery Commission game rule number nine hundred sixty, EZPLAY® “$100,000 Dream Makeover,” shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the commission may determine. For the purpose of this rule, “sales cycle” shall mean any such period, including reprints, beginning on the date when ticket sales are commenced and continuing through the date established by the director as the date on which sales will cease.
(B) General design.
(1) Game rule number nine hundred sixty is generally known as an “instant lottery.” A ticket for game rule nine hundred sixty is terminal generated.
(2) The holder of a valid ticket will consist of one “Game Play Area” and one “Prize Legend.” In the “Game Play Area,” there will be nine randomly selected symbols arranged on a three by three grid, that may contain a “Hammer” symbol, a “Hard Hat” symbol, a “Paint Bucket” symbol, a “Paint Brush” symbol, a “Saw” symbol, and a “Screwdriver” symbol. To win a prize, the player must match three like symbols and prize amounts as listed in the “Prize Legend.” There is also a “Home Depot®” entry symbol, which shall appear on all non-winning tickets, which allows the player to enter their ticket(s) for a chance to win designated prizes through MyLotto Rewards®.
(3) The only “prize levels,” which shall appear on a ticket in game rule number nine hundred sixty are: “Match 3” and “Entry.”
(C) Price of tickets. The price of a ticket issued by the commission in game rule number nine hundred sixty shall be five dollars.
(D) Structure, nature and number of prize awards.
(1) There shall be two types of prizes in game rule number nine hundred sixty, one called a “regular prize award” and one called “Entry” prize award, which allows the player to enter their ticket(s) for a chance to win designated prizes through MyLotto Rewards®.
(2) As used in this rule, “prize award” shall mean one of the following monetary figures: five dollars, fifty dollars, one hundred dollars, five hundred dollars, one thousand dollars, ten thousand dollars, and “Entry,” which allows the player to enter their ticket(s) for a chance to win designated prizes through MyLotto Rewards®. Each ticket in game rule number nine hundred sixty shall be imprinted in such a way that prize awards from the set listed above may be won.
(3) The number of prize awards in any sales cycle of game rule number nine hundred sixty will depend upon the number of tickets sold during that cycle. However, distribution and availability for public purchase may be affected by, but not limited to, circumstances such as stolen, defective, missing, damaged, promotional, returned or reordered tickets. Tickets shall be printed in accordance with this rule using random techniques.
(a) Combinations winning each prize award are randomly distributed throughout all tickets printed in any given ticket issuance.
(4) For each line in column one of the appendix to this rule, the player having the prize value on that same line in column three shall win the prize award on the same line in column four; and in a pool of two hundred forty thousand tickets sold, mathematical reasoning suggests that the number of tickets having that prize value in column three should be as set forth on that same line in column five.
(E) Tickets sold. Chances of winning and the number of winning tickets are established at the start of the game number nine hundred sixty and at the time a ticket is purchased.
(F) Frequency of prize drawings.
(1) Random imprinting of prize awards on all tickets issued in game rule number nine hundred sixty shall be accomplished in a manner, which complies with the commission’s rules and procedures.
(2) When a ticket issued in game rule number nine hundred sixty is sold or deemed sold in accordance with this rule, the holder shall be deemed to have drawn the prize values and play symbols on that ticket, which determine whether the holder is entitled to a prize award. A prize award shall be deemed announced on the date a ticket is purchased.
(G) Special claim, entry, receipt and validation procedures. The director shall establish special claim, entry, receipt and validation procedures, including procedures for validation by sales agents of tickets winning prize awards, which are to be paid by sales agents in accordance with commission rules. For purposes of game rule nine hundred sixty, the close date for a ticket that is sold shall be the date the ticket is purchased. Prize awards shall be claimed within one hundred eighty days of the date that a ticket is purchased.
(H) Validity of tickets.
(1) A mechanical error in printing prize awards, symbols, words or other numbers on a ticket shall not automatically invalidate that ticket. To the extent feasible, the director shall establish procedures by which the holder of any ticket on which information is incorrectly printed due to mechanical malfunction may be advised of correct information for the ticket. If it is not technically feasible to recover the information from a mechanically misprinted ticket, the director may declare the ticket void and the holder shall be entitled to a return of the ticket price or a replacement ticket of comparable price.
(2) In addition to, but not in limitation of, all other power and authority conferred on the director by the commission’s rules, the director may declare a ticket in game rule number nine hundred sixty void if it is stolen, not sold or deemed not sold in accordance with commission rules; if it is illegible, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, reconstituted, miscut, defective, printed or produced in error or incomplete; if the ticket fails any of the validation tests or procedures established by the director; or if the ticket is obtained in violation of commission rules, including, but not limited to, by way of prize discounting prohibited under rule 3770-3-01 of the Administrative Code. The commission’s liability and responsibility for a ticket declared void, if any, is limited to refund of the retail sales price of the ticket or issuance of a replacement ticket of comparable price.
(3) A ticket may not be canceled once the ticket is printed by the lottery terminal even if such ticket is printed in error.
(I) Director’s conduct of game rule number nine hundred sixty.
(1) The director shall conduct game rule number nine hundred sixty and any promotions associated therewith in a manner consistent with the Lottery Act and the rules of the commission including, without limitation, this rule. The director shall inform the public of the provisions of this rule and the procedures established pursuant hereto, which affect the play of game rule number nine hundred sixty. The director reserves the right to declare any game as unavailable for sale at any time to maintain game integrity and accountability.
(2) Names and definitions of elements of game rule number nine hundred sixty used in this rule are to be considered generic terms used solely for purposes of this rule. In actual operation, game rule number nine hundred sixty and these elements may be given names or titles chosen by the commission.Mylotto rewards (A) Title and term. Ohio Lottery Commission game rule number nine hundred sixty, EZPLAY® “$100,000 Dream Makeover,” shall be conducted at such times and for such periods as the ]]>