Powerball Results, Numbers For 5/23/20: Did Anyone Win the $104 Million Jackpot on Saturday (Last) Night?
The winning numbers in Saturday night’s Powerball draw were 2, 8, 18, 21, and 23. The Powerball was 16 and the Power Play was 4X.
But no one claimed the $104 million jackpot in the May 24 draw, so it will roll over to the next drawing on May 28. The estimated jackpot then will be $114 million with a cash value of $91.6 million.
Although no one won the jackpot in Saturday night’s draw, there were some big winners, including a player from Pennsylvania who matched five balls correctly. Thanks to a Power Play purchase, the player won $2 million.
Fourteen players correctly matched four balls and the Powerball to win $50,000 prizes. Two more players also had the Power Play feature and won $200,000.
There hasn’t been a Powerball jackpot winner since the draw on April 9. A player in New Jersey scooped the $190 million jackpot after buying a ticket at Buy-Rite Liquor in Piscataway.
In January, a woman in Florida scooped the $396.9 million jackpot. Sheryll Goedert, 61, is the 13th winner of a Powerball jackpot from the state and chose to receive her winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of around $276.6 million.
How to play the Powerball lottery
The Powerball lottery can be played in 45 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. To enter the Powerball lottery, players must purchase a ticket from a licensed lottery retailer. Participants must choose five numbers between one and 69 for the white balls and one number between one and 26 for the red Powerball.
- Powerball Results, Numbers for 5/20/20: Did Anyone Win the $95.3 Million?
- Mega Millions Results, Numbers for 5/22/20: Did Anyone Win the Jackpot?
- Mega Millions Numbers For 05/19/20: Tuesday Jackpot was for $274 Million
- Powerball Results, Numbers For 5/16/20: Did Anyone Win the Jackpot?
The Powerball drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET and the ticket sales cut off around one to two hours before the drawing, depending on the jurisdiction. To watch the Powerball drawing, check on the Powerball website to see which TV stations are showing the drawing in your area.
Many factors determine the advertised Powerball jackpot amount, including game sales and the annuity. Saturday drawings have greater game sales than a Wednesday drawing, for example, and the amount of tickets purchase can vary throughout the year.
The annuity, which funds an annuity prize, can be affected by interest rates, as the higher the interest rates, the higher the advertised Grand Prize.
The difference between the Powerball annuity and cash option is that a jackpot winner can choose to either receive the money as an annuity which is made up of 30 graduated payments increased by 5 percent each year over 29 years or as a lump-sum payment paid out in one go.
The cash value option is the amount of money needed in the jackpot prize pool to fund the estimated jackpot annuity prize.The winning numbers in Saturday night’s Powerball draw were 2, 8, 18, 21, and 23. The Powerball was 16.
Powerball results for 05/23/20; jackpot worth $106 million
Powerball is played each Wednesday and Saturday night.
LANSING, MI – A pair of players in Michigan came close, but once again there was no winner of the $106 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Saturday, May 23.
That means the next Powerball drawing on Wednesday, May 27 will be worth $114 million with a cash option of $91.6 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for May 23: 2-8-18-21-23
The Red Powerball Power Number: 16
The Power Play Number: 4
Powerball winners for May 23:
· While there was no grand prize winner, one player matched all five white balls drawn to win $1 million. That ticket was sold in Pennsylvania.
· That player also played the Power Play option which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold matched four white balls and the Powerball while also playing the Power Play option to win $200,000. That was the largest prize won in the state. Another player also matched four white balls and the Powerball to win $50,000.
· There were 464,707 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 14,372 tickets sold won at least $4.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, May 26 with an estimated jackpot of $313 million and a cash option of $249.8 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, May 27 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $5.9 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $110,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were a couple from Suttons Bay who came forward to claim an $80 million Powerball win. That couple plans on using the money to support their family of seven kids and 21 grandkids.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.Powerball results for 05/23/20; jackpot worth $106 million Powerball is played each Wednesday and Saturday night. LANSING, MI – A pair of players in Michigan came close, but once again there ]]>