Powerball results for 08/07/19; jackpot worth $113 million
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Aug. 7: 8-32-47-53-59. The Red Powerball Power Number: 3. The Power Play Number: 3.
LANSING, MI – Two players who at least $1 million and a player in Michigan came extremely close, but there was no winner of the $113 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Wednesday, Aug. 7.
That means the drawing on Saturday, Aug. 10 will be worth $128 million with a cash option of $86.1 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Aug. 7: 8-32-47-53-59
The Red Powerball Power Number: 3
The Power Play Number: 3
Powerball winners for Aug. 7:
· While there was no grand prize winner two players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Georgia and Tennessee.
· The player in Georgia also played the Power Play option which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold won $50,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 546,012 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 16,414 tickets sold won at least $4.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Friday, Aug. 9 with an estimated jackpot of $60 million and a cash option of $40.7 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, Aug. 10 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $15.15 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Thursday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $175,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The drawing comes two weeks after an Ypsilanti man who was looking to turn around a bad day won a $2 million jackpot.
Three weeks ago a Macomb County man claimed a $1.3 million jackpot after he “had a feeling” about playing a ticket earlier in the month.
That was the first major win in the state since a Shelby Township woman won a $1 million Powerball prize last month. That marked the fourth time in June that a player in Michigan has won $1 million playing either the Mega Millions or Powerball.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were Kevin and Stephanie Blake of Waterford who $21 million after splitting a $42 million jackpot on Oct. 13, 2017. Kevin picked the winning numbers by using a combination of family birthdays. After winning, the couple said they would not retire and would continue working.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Ypsilanti last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the CVS in Ypsilanti, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.Powerball results for 08/07/19; jackpot worth $113 million The Powerball Numbers (white) for Aug. 7: 8-32-47-53-59. The Red Powerball Power Number: 3. The Power Play Number: 3. LANSING, MI – ]]>