Powerball september 10 2021
The Powerball® jackpot has rolled to what could be the 9th largest top prize in its game history. The Powerball jackpot now stands at an estimated $550 million ($411.4 million cash value) for the Wednesday, January 13 drawing. This is the highest the Powerball jackpot has been since March 2019.
And if history repeats itself, the January 13 drawing could prove to be a lucky draw date for Powerball players. Wednesday’s drawing coincides with the fifth anniversary of Powerball’s world record $1.586 billion jackpot. The record jackpot was hit on Jan. 13, 2016 and was shared by winners in California, Florida and Tennessee.
The Powerball jackpot was last hit in New York in the Sept. 16, 2020 drawing. Since then, there have been 33 drawings in a row without a jackpot winner. Wednesday’s drawing will be the 34th draw in the jackpot run.
The current jackpot run is producing a lot of big winners, including in the Saturday night drawing which had two tickets match all five white balls to win $1 million. The $1 million-winning tickets were sold in Florida and Pennsylvania. In total, more than 2.5 million tickets won prizes ranging from $4 to $1 million in the Saturday night drawing.
Since the jackpot was last hit, there have been more than 24 million winning tickets across all prize tiers, including 24 tickets that have won $1 million and 10 tickets that have won $2 million.
Top 10 Powerball Jackpots
1. $1.586 Billion – Jan. 13, 2016 – California, Florida, Tennessee
2. $768.4 Million – March 27, 2019 – Wisconsin
3. $758.7 Million – Aug. 23, 2017 – Massachusetts
4. $687.8 Million – Oct. 27, 2018 – Iowa, New York
5. $590.5 Million – May 18, 2013 – Florida
6. $587.5 Million – Nov. 28, 2012 – Arizona, Missouri
7. $564.1 Million – Feb. 11, 2015 – North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
8. $559.7 Million – Jan. 6, 2018 – New Hampshire
9. $550 Million (est.)
10. $487.0 Million – July 30, 2016 – New HampshireThe Powerball® jackpot has rolled to what could be the 9th largest top prize in its game history. The Powerball jackpot now stands at an estimated $550 million ($411.4 million cash value) for the Wednesday, January 13 drawing. This is the highest the Powerball jackpot has been since March 2019.
Powerball Winning Numbers For 01/09/2021 Drawing: $470M Jackpot
Here are the winning Powerball numbers for the $470 million lottery jackpot drawing on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021.
Deb Belt , Patch Staff
The Powerball lottery jackpot has grown to a mammoth $470 million for the player who has the winning ticket on Saturday, Jan. 9. The one-time cash payout for tonight’s Powerball drawing is $362.7 million, which would be a nice way to start 2021.
The winning Powerball numbers are drawn every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. Eastern time, with Powerball results usually posted within 5 minutes.
Ticket sales end at least one hour before the drawing in most states, but a state may halt sales earlier, such as Illinois, which stops sales three hours before the drawing. In Maryland and New Jersey, ticket sales end at 9:59 p.m.; in Virginia, they close at 10 p.m. Check with your state lottery for the cut-off time.
The winning Powerball numbers for Saturday, Jan. 9, are: 14, 26, 38, 45, 46 and the Powerball of 13.
The largest Powerball jackpot in history was $1.586 billion, which was split by winners in California, Florida and Tennessee in January 2016.
To win the Powerball jackpot, a player must match all five white balls in any order and the red Powerball number. The odds of picking the correct Powerball grand prize numbers are one in 292,201,338, which doesn’t change even if more players buy tickets when the jackpot is enormous.
You have a better chance of winning the Powerball jackpot if you let the computer select your numbers, according to lottery officials. About 75 percent of winning tickets over the years had numbers picked by a computer.
Powerball tickets cost $2 each. Find locations where you can buy your Powerball tickets here.
These are the five largest Powerball jackpots in the game’s history
- $1.586 billion, Jan. 13, 2016
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019
- $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017
- $688 million, Oct. 27, 2018
- $590.5 million, May 18, 2013
Winners can choose to either have the full jackpot amount paid out in 30 installments over 29 years, or winners can take one lump sum payment that is smaller than the actual total.Powerball Winning Numbers For 01/09/2021 Drawing: $470M Jackpot – Annapolis, MD – Here are the winning Powerball numbers for the $470 million lottery jackpot drawing on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021. ]]>